Each Tuesday I share a list of 10 somethings.
Ideas. Improvements. People. Problems. Objects. Observations.
Inspired by James Altucher in "Skip The Line", The Tuesday Ten has one simple goal - to build my 'idea muscle'.
If you write 3,650 ideas a year, maybe a hundred are useful in some way. Maybe a few are good enough to make money. Maybe one is great.
- James Altucher
1. Eat 10% less calories
- Challenge yourself to have lower serving sizes and more nutrient-dense foods.
- Savour each bite and think of food as healthcare.
2. Make your showers 10% shorter
- Conserve water and minimise your impact.
- Allocate extra minutes saved to your self-care routine.
3. Touch base with 10% fewer friends
- Spend less time with downers and doubters, to make deeper connections with your closest friends.
4. Reduce your screen time by 10%
- Spend time away from pixels being more present in relationships.
- Give your hobbies the attention they deserve.
5. Spend 10% less time at work
- Start late, sign out early, and extend your lunch break - every minute adds up. You'll get hours of your life back every year doing this.
6. Sleep 10% less
- Get up that 30-60 minutes early and spend time with yourself before the obligations kick the door in.
7. Reduce your wardrobe by 10%
- Reduce the visual and mental clutter
- Cut down on daily decision-making.
8. Have 10% less structure in your week
- Embrace more spontaneity to let your life story unfold.
- Add an entire day of sabbatical rest, fun and discovery every week or 2.
9. Spend 10% less each week
- Trim the expenses and fatten the wallet
- Skip the quick splurge and save for experiences or investments that live beyond 5 minutes of pleasure.
10. Reduce the enabling mindset by 10%
- Become more independent - take control and accountability of the previous 9 suggestions.
- Implement some or all of these small actions and start to empower yourself.