Each Tuesday I share a list of 10 somethings.
Ideas. Improvements. People. Problems. Objects. Observations.
Inspired by James Altucher in "Skip The Line", The Tuesday Ten has one simple goal - to build my 'idea muscle'.
If you write 3,650 ideas a year, maybe a hundred are useful in some way. Maybe a few are good enough to make money. Maybe one is great.
- James Altucher
1. Aboriginal Inventions
- They mentioned a new documentary they started watching about the ingenuity of Indigenous Australians.
2. My reselling business
- Chatted about how the business is going and the changes that I'll be implementing over the next year.
3. Talking to strangers
- My dad is always chatting with strangers and sharing stories in town and at the beach, he loves sparking up a random conversation.
4. Small-world encounters
- A remarkable amount of the chats with these strangers end up uncovering some common link to a place or person they both know.
- Their garden is always bigger, brighter and more full each time I visit which is always fun to learn about.
- We shared a few recent stories about car and house insurance - always a pleasant and fun topic of conversation.
7. Sea levels
- They have been living on the coast all their lives and love anything to do with the ocean, this chat was about shells along the Nullabor (which is over 70m above sea level).
- On the topic of the ocean, they shared some of their recent washed-up finds from a shipwreck in 1870 carrying tiles and other cargo.
9. Fishing trips
- Reminiscing about childhood holidays and weekend fishing trips, one of their favourite pastimes.
10. Facebook Marketplace
- For their limited amount of understanding of social media, they sure spend a lot of time scouring for deals.